-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Both lo beam driver side headlights out @ same time. Is this

Customer Question

Both hi & lo beam driver side headlights out @ same time. Is this a TIPM issue ?
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: No, Fuse box next to battery under hood on 2012 Ram 1500 shows no fuse specific to Left Ft headlights. Have not removed/replaced bulbs
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes. Tried nothing so far other than looking for correct fuse, researching forums, etc.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Replaced all front bulbs both sides 3 yrs ago with Phillips bright white xenon for improved coverage. No problems until today
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Your correct, the Totally Integrated Power Module supplies the voltage to the headlights, and it uses high side drivers and no fuses.. If you don't have voltage to the headlights then the issue is there are codes for the headlights and when the TIPM see's a code it turns that circuit off so you will need a scantool to see what codes it has or you could try disconnecting the battery for 10 min and see if a hard reset will help.. This will power down all the modules and erase the codes, if the headlights come on then go off then it set a code again and it will either be a module or wiring issue..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad