Jaybird61
Jaybird61, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  Automotive Instructor at Palm Beach State College
93113249

Blower motor not working on 2006 Dodge Ram 2500.. There is

Customer Question

Blower motor not working on 2006 Dodge Ram 2500.. There is power at the blower motor but no power at the resistor.. Trying to find out why no power is at the resistor
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 9 days ago.

Hi, My name is Jay

Do you have power to the dark blue and yellow wire at blower resistor when key is in on position or engine running?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no power at all to resistor... key is in on position
Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 9 days ago.

Do you get power at both sides of blower motor?

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 9 days ago.

If only getting power to one side of motor then motor is open internally and needs replaced. Also make sure connector to motor is not burnt. Replace motor and connector if needed. Once you get power through motor then you can test blower resistor unless you remove it and use an ohm tester to see if it is good.

Expert:  Jaybird61 replied 9 days ago.

"I hope that helps! My goal is your satisfaction today. If you feel I've been professional and helpful, your 5-star rating at this time is most appreciated. However, if you still need my help, you can hold off on the rating for now and reply back here -- I'll respond as soon as possible! Thank you"