Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Toyota mastertech
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My daughter's 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan seems to overheat,

Customer Question

My daughter's 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan seems to overheat, according to the gauges. The temperature gauge will climb slowly until it shows it's in the hot area, The high temp. light comes on, check engine light engine also and the electronic throttle light came on. After I parked the vehicle, the temp. gauge drops down quite quickly, but the ETC light stay on. I changed the thermostat, with no difference. Same thing happens. I would appreciate any help. Thank you.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  david craig replied 13 days ago.

Hi Im David, thanks for visiting the site. First thing I would like you to do is to make sure the reservoir and the radiator are full of coolant. Then I want you to start the engine and let it get to operating temp. Make sure that the upper and lower radiator hoses are equally hot. then let me know .... thanks

Expert:  david craig replied 12 days ago.

just checking in to see how its going?

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 9 days ago.

Hello Peter here a master tech here to help, do you still require help?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** helped. A friend who is also a mechanic completed the job.

cheers