Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Windows go down on their own when engine is off and car

Customer Question

Windows go down on their own when engine is off and car unattended; also front and back lights blink on and off when car is unattended and will not go off until you turn them off. 2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SE
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: hEAD LIGHTS AND TAIL lights and they continue to blink until we turn them off. We don't know how long this has been occurring since it happens after we leave the car and find this occurring when we return.
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I don't repair my car and have no idea how to fix this problem, Previously the back tail gate developed a mind of it's own and after spending over $600 trying to have it fixed, we had our mechanic disconnect the automatic left. Is our problem a dealer only fix?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Tell me are there any after market items like remote start , alarm, etc. installed on the van?

Chris