Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs
7276279

2003 Dodge Durango 4.7 L engine. Dual HVAC system. Heat

2003 Dodge Durango 4.7 L engine. Dual HVAC system. Heat blows hot in the front and cold in the rear. Please advise

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Do you have good flow into the rear heater core from the electric pump located on the passenger side front fender?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Let me check that

Yes please do, its very common for this pump to fail causing a lack of heat in the rear heater.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Check the pump for noise or check hoses for heat ?

Both please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I can't necessarily hear the pump because the engine is running but the hose coming in in the house going out of the pump are both the same temperature hot. If I move back on the passenger side underneath the vehicle there are two heater hoses if I feel the heater hoses only one of them is hot so I'm guessing the heater core is clogged up?

I would agree, if the hose are hot at the pump and not at the rear then the heater core is likely restricted providing the system is full off coolant. The next steps would be to back flush the core.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
10 4

Thank you as well.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
a hung temp actuator would not restrict coolant flow to the rear heater core would it?

No, if the core is clear you should have good flow through the core.