Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

2006 2 wheel 3.7 v6 ram (magnum). Turn engine off and vacuum

Customer Question

2006 2 wheel 3.7 v6 ram (magnum). Turn engine off and vacuum pressure to brake pedal is lost and dashboard vents are slow to respond and don't always respond completely
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Recently purchased vehicle used. Cannot say how long it has been happening. Seems to run good.
JA: What year is your Ram?
Customer: 2006
JA: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing has been tried yet. I am researching possible causes.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: 6 speed standard and seems to run good.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am Randall. From your description are are likely having problems with the vacuum brake booster. It has a large diaphram inside and can rupture and allow bypass of vacuum and will in fact affect the modes for the HVAc as the vacuum lines get vacuum from the booster feed line. Not as common for booster to fail and pedal drops, usually when it fails the pedal become brick hard but, it can do one of the either assuming you mean pedal drops, With enegine not running the pedal will be rather firm a s needs the vacuum assist,. I fee the 2 are related and you either have a vacuum leak in the rubber hose going to the brake booster OR you have a bad brake booster