-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Installed a banks six gun programmer yesterday, it was

Customer Question

installed a banks six gun programmer yesterday, it was running fine until I cut it off today now there`s nothing happening when the key is turned. the engine light flashes 10 times, but no codes are given.
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: I`ve tried it in park and in neutral. idk about the wheel lock its a 4x4
JA: What is the model of your '10 Dodge?
Customer: 2006, 2500, 5.9
JA: Are you fixing your 2500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I`ve tried to reset the IUO
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: guess not
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

You have a programming glitch which has bricked the ECM.. Try connecting the programmer and go back to stock and then reload the programmer. Also try disconnecting the batteries for 30 min for a hard reset. If your not able to connect to the ECM then call the programmer and tell them the ECM is bricked and you need to recover the software and they should be able to help..

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad