kalamykid
kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech
Experience:  I HAVE OWNED MY OWN SHOP FOR OVER THREE YEARS. I HAVE THE TOOLS AND SOFTWARE TO ANSWERE ALMOST ANY Q
5629372

I have a 2002 dodge 3500. Well the rpms just started

Customer Question

I have a 2002 dodge 3500. Well the rpms just started surging. It doesn't do it at idle that I can tell but from 55 mph and up it will jump or drop between 50-100 rpms causing the the truck to jerk. Any ideas?

I did instal a quadzilla on it. Been babying it and always have. Chip has been on for 3-4 weeks now

Category: Dodge
Expert:  kalamykid replied 4 months ago.

The problem you re describing sounds like the lock up converter is no holding. Can you turn overdrive off and test drive it again and see if the rpms surge at 55 please?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay so I tried turning over drive off and it continued to do the same thing. I disconnected my grounds, cleaned the terminals thinking I had a bad ground and still nothing.

Will it surge if you are doing 35 mph?