-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a p020c p020d p020f. and p020e pending This was after

Hi. I have a p020c p020d p020f. and p020e pending This was after having a miss for a while between 1500 and 2000 with no codes
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: p020c, p020d, p020f and a pending p020e are exact codes
JA: What is the model of your '00 Dodge?
Customer: 12
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. Just replaced fuel filter and put in injector cleaner from my local diesel tuner also it is egr and dpf deleted 158k miles
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: we also replaced that fuel return spring with a solid one
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This is a 2012 ram 3500 dually

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

The codes you have are injector performance codes.. Are you planning on repairing this yourself? Would you like the diagnostic test to determine the issue?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we will. Yes what is diag test. We have several computers to perform tests
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I may take you up on that call but have a crowd in my office now. I also work well through chat
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have an autel and an efi live handheld to do diag

Thanks for the reply!

Just a minute while a gather up the tests for the codes you have so you can determine the issue..

Here are the test you will need to print off and follow step by step to determine what issue is.. It's possibly bad injectors..

Glad I could help and I would greatly appreciate a positive rating so I get credit for helping. You can still ask follow up questions after the rating..

I hope this helps you and in the future feel free to request me for all your Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep needs..

Have a great day,

Brad

Do you need more help?

Standing by..............

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just began working on it now

Ok if you need anymore help follow's are free of charge after the rating.. Thank you for the positive rating.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Do you know what the ohm reading needs to be on the injectors?

I sure do.. All of your injectors should ohm at .6 If you have any that are .3 or 1.4 or anything other than .6 they are bad..

Have a great day,

Brad

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will absolutely leave a review once completed. I cleared the codes checked the injectors and fuel pressures. Everything seems ok. Also I reloaded the tune which cleared up the rough idle and rough 1500 to 2000. Apparently it was calling for the egr but not setting a code. Now what is happening is randomly I will get p020a-f and loose all power. Stop reset the codes then all is fine for awhile. Then it comes back. Any thoughts?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Could it be a cam sensor?

Good evening,

If your setting all 6 injector codes and the connections are tight then I would contact your programmer and inform them the codes didn't start until after the programmer was installed and there maybe an update to correct this issue. The code means the ECM see's a unintended injection event has happened and the possible causes are bad injector or a loose connection and all the injectors didn't all of a sudden go bad so it's likely a software issue..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
We have never run this truck without the programmer. When we got it the DPF was full and the egr broken. Rather than replace that nonsense we deleted it with a tune and full exhaust. Also I am seeing a 26 dollar charge for a phone call. We never did a phone call.

Has any engine work been done? Did you tighten the injectors after you got done testing them? Also have you rechecked all the connections on the side of the valvecover? When it set's the codes are you going over any bumps or accelerating hard? If your not sure if it's a software issue then we need to narrow down when it set's all of the injectors codes to farther diagnose this issue.. We have not seen any 6.7's setting all of the injector codes at once.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you advise on the 23 dollar phone call charge? We did not talk on the phone.

I'm sorry but another expert must have accepted the phone call request and didn't call, but to get a refund on the phone call you will need to click the help button and someone at customer service will be glad to refund the phone call charge..

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
we checked the injectors all around again. 1.2 ohm does that indicate they are all bad? They are uniform at 1.2 ohm across the board.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also I have one question on our 2014 ram 3500 6.7. The heat comes and goes from no heat to scalding heat. Any thoughts?