-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Ok i put my durango in the ditch about 3 weeks ago i fixed

Customer Question

ok i put my durango in the ditch about 3 weeks ago i fixed the fender and the hood and replaced the radiator i dont have any leeks all fixed but when im driving down the road it sounds like the ac condenser fan is making a loud sound only when in motion when parked the noise stops and even when the condenser fan is running ????
JA: Has the car been overheating? Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: nope runs at the same temp
JA: What year is your Durango?
Customer: 2004
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i replaced the radiator hood left fender grille
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i gess nt
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 18 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Does it sounds like the fan is hitting the shroud? Do you have a recording of the noise so I can see if I can help?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no i do nt that is what i thought to but the radiator dosent have a shroud i ordered on should be here in a week i thought it was the ac condenser fan but it free spins and at a idol it doesnt make that noise but ill try to record it the next time i drive it later today
Expert:  -Brad- replied 18 days ago.

Noises are one of the hardest things to try and diagnose over chat, so if you can get a recording maybe I can tell what is going on.. I would suspect something is hitting the fan, when your moving the wind is moving a shield or something into the fan and when you stop it moves back out of the way..

Keep me posted,

Brad