Todd M
Todd M,
Experience:  Technician at Montgomery Motors
97226864

Just went out to start it and it did nothing at all. But

Customer Question

Just went out to start it and it did nothing at all. But there is a red light on in the dash.
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: Not as of yet
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2005 Dodge Durango SLT
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am. Nothing than other than tried to jump it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That is the extent of it for now.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be attempting to help you today. When you turn the key, does your gauges work? What sounds are you hearing?

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Was vehicle displaying any driving issues? Was all your electronics functioning properly?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Everything was working perfectly the night before. Then this morning went out to start the vehicle and there was absolutely nothing. No lights, no sounds nothing. So I tried to Jumpstart it and let it sit awhile. I went to start it and the interior lights were on very dim so I let it charge a bit more. But when I opened the door this time it was the same as this morning......not a thing but a single red light illuminated on the dash. It's not blinking just stationary. I have not checked the fuses as of yet. I did have a similar issue last year where a new battery barely a year old was replaced and I replaced that one just this summer. So now this is becoming a bigger issue. I do have a check engine light on but it has been on quite a while.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Battery is still under warranty but it's obvious something else is escalating after 12 years. I'll try cleaning the posts and check fuses on top of whatever you may suggest.
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

I was just suggesting to change battery. Sounds like either the battery is not holding the charge or you have a power drainage somewhere. Be sure that you didn't leave anything on to kill the battery. After you get a fully charged battery, I would suggest performing an amperage draw test, to make sure you are not draining your battery over night.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Sounds good. Appreciate it.
Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

No problem. If you've found this information helpful, a positive rating would be great. Thank you...

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Good luck with your vehicle.

Expert:  Todd M replied 4 months ago.

Just a reminder. If you have found this information helpful, a positive rating would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again...