Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have had some vibration coming from my front end. Recently

Customer Question

i have had some vibration coming from my front end. Recently go new tires and an alignment that i had neglected for some time, and still feeling the vibration. Mostly over 60mph, and seems to intensify in hard turns
JA: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?
Customer: the tires on the front are less than 3 years old. have about 40% tread on them. They were originally on the rear, i put two new tires on the back and moved the 2 from the rear to the front to replace the worn tires on the front.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1998 1500 2wd 5.9 liter
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, i have been to a couple places for the tire install and the alignment. I havent tried anything myself as of yet, but am willing if i have the tools and resources available.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no maam
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 18 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

I recommend to have the front tires at the least since there old rebalanced. Check the front wheel bearings, tie rod ends, and ball joints. Since it is associated with turning then that rules out a concern with the driveshaft and rear axle and tires.

Please read this:

1. Understand it's not one answer and done. We can communicate back and forth many times.
  2. I do not work at or for Just Answer. You and I can only communicate on this page.
  3. When you're pleased or happy with my answer or efforts to help you. At the top of the screen please rate me or reply and say ( I'm pleased.)
  4. When I help you I am only paid from your question value deposit when you rate me on this screen. Rating does not close the post and you're more than welcome to follow up.

Thanks for using Just Answer, Chris

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

1. I have to assume you were not pleased with my help, because you have not replied or rated the post.
  2. What would you like to do regarding your question now?
  3. Do you still need help? Please reply I want you to get equal to or more than what you paid for.
  4. This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. That can prevent me from being able to post answers to your replies.

Thanks Chris