Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

02 Cumins. changed the fuel pump, filled the filter,bled at

Customer Question

02 Cumins. changed the fuel pump, filled the filter,bled at the banjo and at injector #3. #3 first had air bubbles then fuel, got nothing from #4 or #5. Do I keep bumping till I get something? Is it OK to crank on it since there is fuel at the injector pump?
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: The original was replaced with an external pump. That one went out and that's what was replaced to start this project. It's pumping fine. Good pressure.
JA: What is the model of your '02 Dodge?
Customer: A 6.0.
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The truck quit running in front of a mechanic shop. It was towed to my house. I had my mechanic come by and look at it. I don't know how much it was cranked on after the pump went bad so I don't know what condition the injector pump is in. I'm fixing,or at least trying to do it my self. I was hoping to get by with just replacing the fuel pump. What I've sent is what I've tried. I just don't want to crank on it and possibly fry the injector pump. Of course I have no way of knowing what condition it's in anyway.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all I have.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 15 days ago.

Hi my name is***** will try to help. Do you have any fault codes logged in the ECM?