-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I got a 05 dodge magnum 5.7 I'm getting the lost

Customer Question

Hi Chris, I got a 05 dodge magnum 5.7 I'm getting the lost communication code. The dealership told me I needed a gear shifter assembly, replaced that along with tcm,pcm, wind module,and still have the same issue.
Around the PRND would have a circle around it with number 8 circled also. When it jump on the car won't change gears... if it's in park it won't move out of park.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

It looks like Chris is offline but I'd be glad to help..

If all your PRNDL have boxes around then the range sensor sounds like it's bad.. Since you have a Hemi then you have the NAG1 transmission and the range sensor is part of the ECU on the valvebody will will need to be replaced to correct your PRNDL issues.. Has the ECU on the valvebody been replaced?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Where is the range sensor and ecu located, and do it had to be programmed by the dealer. ..
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Again the range sensor is built into the ECU on the valvebody, to replace the range sensor you will need to replace the ECU on the valvebody and the ECU will need to be programmed with a WiTech scantool. We(Dealership) charge 1 hour to program modules which is around $110.00

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE 5 Stars before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad