-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

My truck displays the code p0222 and the p1693 companion

Customer Question

My truck displays the code p0222 and the p1693 companion code, the apps is brand new and I would like to avoid replacing it a second time, the IVS voltage while idling is 6 or 7 which is incorrect. I have checked all grounds I could see and all battery terminals, any idea what could cause this? My truck is an 02 Dodge Ram with the 24v 5.9 cummins diesel has 230000 miles. has an automatic transmission.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to check here is the wiring and connections to the app itself.If there are any issues with corrosion or damage in the wiring or connection this will cause this fault here and will need corrected.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All connections are clean and free of corrosion
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Was anything after market installed before these codes appeared?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
2000 Dodge Ram cumminsGeneral info:
336,000 miles show on dash but almost everything has been redone or replaced
230,000 on an 02 engine. 4x4 works great never been raced or pulled with. Everything works like it should accept for A/c. There's no rust but body isn't perfect
AutomaticNew parts include:Gear Box
Sway bar links
Tie rods
Shocks
Two new batteries
Apps sensor
Upgraded radiator
Radiator hoses
Tinted windowsUpgrades:Boost, egt, fuel pressure and trans temp gaugesQuadzilla adrenaline62mm turbo 4" exhaustValve coverFass150150 hp ddp injector tipsRanch hand front and rear bumpersHalo headlightsUpgraded sound systemLifted about 3" done the right way with shocks and control arms up frontNew steering stabilizer16" rims 285/75 Hancock all terrains 90% treadTransmission:
Done by maximum overdrive transmission
All new cooler and cooler lines
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Definitely looks like some upgrades have been performed here.

This issue here can be a fault with the ECM internally needing replaced.The diagnostic flow chart below should be followed to then locate and repair this issue here.It will lead to the faulty component needing repaired or replaced but the ecm can be at fault internally causing this here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lx6sqwfgfsmmlvj/c-01-02.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fjnvio7yaj39iu/ch-01-02.gif?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nadnfhkbumb0uj/cha-01-02.gif?dl=0

SYMPTOM
P0222-IDLE VALIDATION SIGNALS BOTH LOW

WHEN MONITORED
Engine running.

SET CONDITION
IVS # 1 and # 2 have the same voltage or they both have no voltage at the ECM.

POSSIBLE CAUSES
- APPS IVS # 2 harness short to ground
- APPS IVS # 2 shorted to APPS return circuit
- APPS IVS # 2 shorted to APPS sensor ground
- IVS # 2 open between APPS and ECM harness connectors
- APPS IVS # 1 shorted to APPS sensor ground
- APPS IVS # 1 shorted to APPS return circuit
- APPS IVS # 1 harness short to ground
- IVS # 1 open between APPS and ECM harness connectors
- IVS # 1 circuit open
- ECM
- ECM

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Okay I will follow that and get back to you thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Your welcome

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I've already done this and I explained to you that the ivs voltage is incorrect, with the apps sensor being new, and all the connections being okay what to I test next so far this is all information I already had
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself but others here should be able to help further.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I do
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have answers for me Brad? Is there a way to diagnose my ecm? Ive been through two new apps sensors and I'm trying to determine if they are truly faulty (which is what my testing points to) or if it is something else or if something is caused them to die