Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

My 2005 dodge Durango will not start, it turn over but it

Customer Question

my 2005 dodge Durango will not start, it turn over but it will not start, do I have a reset botton, if so where.
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: just replace the battery, three weeks ago
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no, and I have not tired anything, because I didn't want to make things worst
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 20 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

I this occurred suddenly to where it started and ran fine then all of a sudden it was a no start this can be caused by the common failure of the fuel pump in the fuel tank itself.I have seen the fuel pump fail commonly causing this fault here with it needing replaced.You will need to have the fuel pressure tested to see if it is low or no pressure at all.The power and ground signal will need tested at the fuel pump as well to look for any issues needing repaired or replaced.

I dont see or know of any quick reset on this here.In some cases it may start back up after sitting several hours but in other cases it has to be repaired to then allow starting.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete