Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I bought a 8.4 uconnect radio to up grade the 5.0 uconnect

Customer Question

I bought a 8.4 uconnect radio to up grade the 5.0 uconnect that came in my 2015 challenger. When I installed the radio in my car it ask for a 4 digit code. The dealership told me I would have to have the vin number of the car the radio came out of. I emailed the seller on eBay to get the vin and he said he didn't have it. Is there anything else I can do to get the code
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 2 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

Dealer is incorrect in saying they need the donor vehicle vin.
Just post the Radio Serial Number from the radio as well as the VIN that the radio is going into and I'll post the code for you...

Thank you,

Robert