Robert
Robert, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

I have a 2011 ram 2500 with a 6.7 cummins i have replaced

Customer Question

i have a 2011 ram 2500 with a 6.7 cummins i have replaced the motor. it has the new motor in it but it is throwing a 2122 tps code. do i need to recalibrate the tps after replacing the motor?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

No there is no recalibration of the TPS necessary. IF there is an active code stored in the ECM you will need to diagnose the system to find the cause. Are you going to diagnose yourself? If so, I can post the diagnostic procedure for you..

Keep me posted...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i am going to diagnose it myself. i am trying to find out why it would be throwing this code now when it did not before the motor blew.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Before going any further, check the large connector that is mounted to the firewall just above the fuel filter assembly. Disconnect and reconnect this connector(s) (there may be two) and clear codes to see if the code comes back, in the mean time, I'll get the diagnostic procedure for you....

Thank you,

Robert

Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Here is a pic of the connector in question, Check it for bent pins or pushed out pins. IF all ok reconnect carefully and retest...

--->> Click Here to view <<---

I'll be back with you asap, thanks for your patience and understanding while I research this for you...

Thank you,

Robert

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
checked connector all pins are good reconnected and cleared code. code still present.
Expert:  Robert replied 5 months ago.

Ok here is the diagnostic procedure and a star case that may help

P2122 Flowchart--->> Click Here to view <<---

Star Case --->> Click Here to view <<---

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert