Robert R
Robert R, ASE Certified Master
Experience:  Dodge Master Certified, Dodge Sprinter Certified
49095596

Well pretty much since I bought my 2013 1500 4x2 hemi the

Customer Question

well pretty much since I bought my 2013 1500 4x2 hemi the truck intermittently shuts off and turns back on while I am driving, and the interior dome lights up on the ceiling also flicker from bright to dim / off even when on, they SD player pretty much never works. and since the last oil change from my dealer there has been a rattle (one mechanically inclined buddy told me its a bearing) and to top it off the drivers side rear mirror was recently vandalized and the result was the glass being shattered.
JA: Have you checked the vehicle's manual for this?
Customer: yeah and there is nothing in there and the dealer has been told and they always tell me that they could not reproduce it I think its all just smoke and mirror bs and that they are the ones that caused the bearing issue, by starting the truck sometime during the oil change
JA: What is the model of your '13 Dodge?
Customer: ST?
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nope dealer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
VIN: 1C6RR6MT1DS542083
Expert:  Robert R replied 17 days ago.

Hello, welcome and thanks for asking your question. My name is*****'m a Certified Auto Technician with 29+ years experience. I will do my best to assist you. please keep in mind that I may need to ask questions of you before I can answer. When you reply please feel free to add as much detailed information as possible pertaining to your concern.

How many miles on the vehicle??

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
59727
Expert:  Robert R replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for the info.

On the Stalling issue, there are some software updates for the PCM that may help with this issue. I recommend to make an appointment with the dealer to update the PCM. You still have powertrain and emissions warranty so a flash update of the PCM for a stalling condition should be fully covered under your warranty.

The Dome lights may be a problem with the LED lights on the overhead console. The fix for this is to replace the Overhead Console assembly. This is likely not covered under warranty unless you have an extended warranty that covers this.

Not sure about the SD player, Are you referring to the SD Memory Card Slot??

On the rattle, is it possible for you to make a video recording of this noise? IF I could hear it for myself, I may be able to offer up some advise on this... Remember, you have remaining powertrain warranty that will cover engine repairs due to an internal engine problem.

Not sure what you need to know about the shattered mirror...

Keep me posted and let me know if you have any additional questions...

Thank you,

Robert

If you need additional information, don't hesitate to ask. If I have answered your question, Please kindly "Rate" my service, it is greatly appreciated. Thank you and thanks for asking your question!