Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Blower motor will not run. I jiggled the 4 wires near the

Blower motor will not run. I jiggled the 4 wires near the toe board a few times to keep it going but now it will not run.
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: no and no
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2002 dodge dakota 1500 4 door/4 wheel dive
JA: Are you fixing your B1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes and I have not tried anything yet
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know where the resistor is and how to get to it

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The blower motor resistor is located under the dash on the passenger side at the bottom of the heater box.It will have wires that run from the blower to this resistor.The most common cause for this issue here is of course the resistor itself needing replaced but I have seen issues with the blower motor needing replaced as well.If you tap on the blower and it runs then the blower needs replaced usually.You can test for power and ground between the two wires at the blower with the fan on high.If you have power and ground then the blower needs replaced.If you do not have power or ground or one of these then the blower resistor needs replaced.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ft0pikt575ily5/res-11-28.gif?dl=0

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I will check out your answer in a few hours, right now I am at work. I will get back to you and let you know what I found.
Jim***@******.***

Sounds good.Post back here when your ready.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Your 5 star rating is appreciated

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Pete, I will check out your information. Right now I am tied up at work. I will follow your instructions and get back to you later.
Jim***@******.***

No problem

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Pete,
I have found the resistor but not the two wires leading to the motor. I see the motor is attached to the bottom of the defrost/heater plenum and could be replaced if needed but i cannot find the two wires for the motor.
Jim

Do you see the wires on the blower motor at all?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
OK Pete,
I found the resistor and was able to replace it. evidently it had been replaced before, because the new resistor fit the new model wiring harness. Thanks for the help.Jim

Your welcome