How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jerry Your Own Question
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Category: Dodge
Satisfied Customers: 1740
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
Type Your Dodge Question Here...
Jerry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need to replace the voltage regulator and I can't locate

Customer Question

I need to replace the voltage regulator and I can't locate it.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1990 W150 Pickup with a 318 ci engine
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: Manual 4-speed, with 105,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yep, I am fixing it. I have tried to follow the wiring harness from the alternator but still cannot locate the voltage regulator.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, that is all.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 days ago.

Hello. The voltage regulator is an internal part of the PCM

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is a 1990 model, doesn't have a PCM.
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 days ago.

Unfortunately, this is what they specify.


Let me look through some diagrams and see if I can locate it.

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 8 days ago.

Ok, under component locations, it says it's located behind the left side instrument panel left of the steering column.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Okay, I will look under the dash in the morning.....
Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 4 days ago.

Let me know if you find it. It's probably quite a ways up there since it says "behind instrument panel".

Expert:  AZTechBrian replied 2 days ago.

Did you find it?

Related Dodge Questions