Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

I had code come up on the OBD P-0401 - ERG flow is

Customer Question

I had code come up on the OBD P-0401 - ERG flow is insufficent
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: the code from the actron reader was P-0401 - to reset do I just erase the code
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: it's a stratus SE - 2.0L
JA: What year is your Stratus?
Customer: 2000
JA: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet and if possible I will fix myself. How do I reset?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can not think of anything else
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 days ago.

Hi! Welcome to JustAnswer. Thanks for coming! I'm Ron and I'll be working with you on your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and prepare your answer.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for holding.

The P0401 is a fairly straight forward code pointing to a problem in the EGR System. The EGR Valve is located on the driver's side, rear of the engine. Carefully inspect the EGR Pipe and the rubber lines for any crack, holes or leaks. If the visual inspection checks ok the EGR Valve Assembly will need to be replaced. While replacing the EGR Valve, it's a good idea to try and remove as much build-up from the ports behind the EGR and EGR Pipe. Use some throttle cleaner and a flat blade tool to scrae out as much as you can, without letting too much fall back inside. For an image location view of these items, click here: https://goo.gl/WQoxLD

Please remember to leave a rating using the 'stars' or click 'Accept'. A 5-star rating is much appreciated! Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra.

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 days ago.

Hi! I noticed this Q&A was still open, so I wanted to check in and see if there was anything else I could do for you on this issue? Any other questions you had? Was there something you wanted addressed that I may have missed in my answer? Did you find my answer helpful?

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 7 days ago.

..