Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel with brake light issues.

Customer Question

Hi Chris! I have a 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel with brake light issues. I was burning thru brake light bulbs often so I replaced with LED fixtures. The Brake lights will flicker or pulse with the brake depressed. Hazzards, turn signals also pulse, no backup lights and dash light is on indicating a bulb is out. Any thoughts?
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome back! The problem is that the FCM (front control module) Does not see the proper load on the light circuits and that is why they flicker. I believe you will need to add a resistor to the circuit in line back at the LED light assembly. Contact the manufacturer of the light. They should be able to tell you what resistor to add to the circuit.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 14 days ago.

Hello , just checking back to see if you received my answer . I

Chris