sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

Second opinion] - wassup hooked my battery cables backwards

Customer Question

Second opinion] - wassup brad hooked my battery cables backwards starter turns no spark issue helpp
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: series
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 02 dodge ram 1500 4.7
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: put batteyr in right check continuity of fuses and relays all good HELP
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: gauges wont read and starter turns engine just no fire I tried putting starter fluid in it to see if it fried fuel pump
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

The powertrain control module has almost surely failed as a result of the reversed polarity. You should note that you're missing both spark and fuel along with the fuel gauge and voltmeter not working.

What should be done is use a scan tool to ensure the PCM doesn't communicate. If not and fuses are good then the PCM powers and grounds should be tested to ensure there isn't a wiring issue, but the PCM itself has almost surely failed if fuses are good.