sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

I FIXED THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE ON MY 1998 Dodge Avenger,

Customer Question

i FIXED THE OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE ON MY 1998 Dodge Avenger, but I had to raise the glass above its normal top resting position in order to free the door lock. And now I can't tell how to put the hardware back on up near the base of the window (when the window is raised all of the way up... in other words the door/window hardware at the top of the door is confusing)
JA: Are you fixing your Avenger yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I believe that I have the door handle fixed. Now I'm trying to put the window back down into its normal resting position when the window is raised all of the way up. I've been looking for door/window diagrams, but have surfed through tons of diagrams and can't find the diagram that I need
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If you're referring to the up stops on the door they are shaped like a C and the open part goes toward the glass, the legs of it are at the top and bottom, and a single bolt holds them to the door. Without seeing exactly what you've disassembled it's tough to say what needs to be done now to reassemble it.

Are you able to upload a picture showing exactly what you're needing to reassemble?