sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

The dvd/cd player will not hold the disk position when it is

Customer Question

The dvd/cd player will not hold the disk position when it is shut off.
JA: Have you checked the fuse?
Customer: Yes, it plays fine, it just won't hold the last spot. It jumps forward to the next song.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2015 Dodge Durango RT AWD
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No, we have just noticed this in the last few weeks. We are thinking of taking to the dealership, but we haven't been impressed with their abilities on several other items on one of our other cars.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can't think of anything else. Thanks.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

What I would recommend, and the first thing a dealer would do, is updating the radio software. If your radio hasn't been updated recently then the software is almost surely out of date. There are constant software updates for the radio to remedy literally dozens of issues with each update. You can enter your VIN here and download any necessary updates and then update the radio yourself without having to go to your dealer. After downloading and extracting the files to a flash drive you simply insert the flash drive into the USB port on the vehicle and follow the instructions on the screen.