Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

None of my gauges work so im looking to see if i can find a

Customer Question

none of my gauges work so im looking to see if i can find a fuse to check for them
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: i located the one in the engine compartment. but i cant find the other one.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 1993 dodge dakota
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes. i have look at the wire connection for the gauges and everything is fine. and the only gauge that works is the speedometer
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: the only gauge that works is the speedometer. and when you start the vehicle the gauges move then drop back down. and stop working.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Eric replied 18 days ago.

HI,

Ok, fuse #16 in the interior fuse box is for the instrument cluster panel. The fuse panel is located under the left side of the instrument panel near the left side of the steering column and brake pedal

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks.

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you

Expert:  Eric replied 16 days ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page.

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

Please note that if you have a subscription service, you still are required to rate service, however you are not charged again. This is just so that your expert is credited for their time and services. Thank you.