Amedee
Amedee, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

I hope that you can help an soldier out! I have a 2007

Customer Question

Good morning
I hope that you can help an soldier out!
I have a 2007 Charger and the idiot lights and guages have started flashing and going nuts on my drive in to work.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Was it just the cluster lights that were flashing or was it the exterior lights that starter flashing when this happened? Or both?

Have you checked for codes in the computer?

Can I start by getting your VIN?

Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
HelloCustomer
thank you for your prompt response. Its just the dashboard console lights and guages were flashing
vin# *****
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for the VIN!

One minute while I gather some info for you..

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

This problem you are experiencing is most likley a faulty module on board the vehicle. It could be the TIPM under the hood, faulty instrument cluster or another module on board the vehicle. You can try a system reset procedure by disconnecting the battery cables from the battery and rubbing them together for 5 minutes. This will discharge the capacitors inside all of the modules on board the vehicle and may fix this issue. If not, one or more of the modules on board the vehicle may need to be updated with the latest software version or calibration. This is done at your local dodge dealership. If the problem continues beyond that, the faulty module will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

I am glad I can help!

It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "5 STAR SERVICE" for assisting you today.

Keep in mind, we can still continue this conversation at no further cost to you even after you rate my answer. Just reply back to me using this page and I will get it and get back to you ASAP!

Also, if you are a member or if you have a subscription to the site, you still need to rate my answer in order for me to get credit for assisting you with your question.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Uhh... Rub the cables together? I was invited to have the diagnostic test done on it by the dealership, for a nominal fee of $135.00...
is there a danger of driving it further as I work some 25 miles from my home.
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay!

You might be able to get your codes read at a local auto repair or parts store for free. A lot of places now do free scans on your computer. That will provide you the code or codes stored in the PCM.

No, as long as the engine is starting and running ok, then there is no saftey or danger to continue to drive the vehicle.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer
Thank you so much, Just seeing those blimking lights is so distracting and troubling.
i'll stop by auto zone this evening, thanks again!
too bad your not here in Georgia!
Take care!
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Your welcome! I am glad I can help!

Have a great day and please don't forget to rate!!

Customer/p>
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.

Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer.

I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance?

Let me know!