Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Keep losing oil pressure even on 2nd 2000 3.9 Dakota motor,

Customer Question

keep losing oil pressure even on 2nd 2000 3.9 Dakota motor, 1st motor the pump was replaced at 114,ooo mles, and still lost oil pressure, put 2nd motor in with 56,000 orginal miles and still have same problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet for the question fees you have already paid.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
what is the correct way to fix this problem//////what did dodge do to correct their problem I already saw the on-line ****bs*** sensor ----sea-foam---etc ---but kept coming BACK

Are you verifying pressure loss with the gauge in the instrument cluster or by actually hooking up a pressure gauge?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
loosing pressure then getting a tickink lifter noise, shut off motor restart pressure comes back temporary then lose pressure again,PS bend reading other post I'm the idiot having this problem with 2000 3.9 dakota
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ps I'm retired on fix income can't waste another 26 to call ,with cell phone unlimited calling you call me at(###) ###-####and block your number
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
jump back two lines, other idiots been having the same problems, anybody who knows dodges should know this was tipacal problem back in the early 2000 [WHATS THE FIX]

The most common oil pressure related issues I see are fuel diluting the oil from injector or computer concerns, Oil sludge from poor quality oil used or oil service not done often enough, oil pump pickup clogged from sludge and debris in the oil pan.

What now

1. You have asked a question.
  2. You have paid a deposit and received an info request and or answer(s).
  3. Now it is time to follow up if needed or rate my answer, hopefully 5 STAR EXCELLENT. Sometimes the rating fails, responding with (I am a pleased) will suffice.
  4. You are more than welcome to still follow up. I want you pleased with me and my answer(s).

Thanks for using Just Answer, and rating me so I am compensated, Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
still no HELP ,whats is the FIXXX, IF or OR does not fix my problem, if injectors, clean ,flush ,replace,etc,etc etc.,if you say in its computer ,clear a fault, replace it or blow it up ???????? if its sludge you could tell me something better than that, like if its the bottom of the pump pick up tube needs to be clean or cleared, or restricted oil gally line ,pump check ball,etc.etc.,what I read on line many others had this same problem with the 2000 Dakota, what did the company do to resolve this problem in the following years of production of 3.9 motor***********************************8

Dodge has nothing different with the engine to resolve the concern. A damaged part or mistreated engine was most always to blame.

Step one is to see if there is fuel in the oil.

Step two is to perform an engine oil flush to wash all the gunk to the pan.

Step 3 is to drop the pan and clean it and the pickup out.

Hello again Chris here,

• Sorry you were not pleased with my help.
  • What would you like to do regarding your question now.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris