Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I have a 2015 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel and would like to know if

Customer Question

I have a 2015 RAM 1500 Eco Diesel and would like to know if it is possible to disarm the alarm system and still have the electric lock function.
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: Yes. That sets off the alarm if it has been locked with the lock button on the armrest.
JA: Are you fixing your Ram 1500 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I haven't tried anything yet. What I am trying to achieve is the use of the actual key to lock and unlock the vehicle without setting off the alarm. I know that if I lock all the doors manually then I can unlock with the key and NOT set the alarm off. That is NOT convenient.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry but that is not possible. The remote keyless entry and factory alarm are all integrated together. If you do not want to arm the alarm, then lock the doors with the manual lock knob and not the power lock button or remote. The alarm cannot be permantley turned off.

Chris

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK Thanks
Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

You are welcome!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

I hope that this information was helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 7 months ago.

Hello? were you able to see my answer?

Chris