-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

It seems like there is some sort of electrical malfunction

Customer Question

hi there, it seems like there is some sort of electrical malfunction it started a few weeks ago where the dash board light will not go on at night then ove the weekend the doors automatically locked us in, the alerts ont he dashbboard went crazy even though the key wasnt in the ignition
JA: Have you checked the fuses? The dashboard bulbs?
Customer: not yet however the car also refused to start as well i am not sure who i need to take it to to have this checked out my regular mechanic couldnt help
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2009 dodge grand caravan sxt
JA: Are you fixing your Grand Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no i toook it to my mechanic but htey couldnt figure what the problem was they said it may be an electrical issue
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes it makes a lot of funny noises which seems to come from the glove compartment especially when we are at a standstill at a traffic light or so......one more thing its telling me i need an oil change but i changed it three weeks ago, that alert only came up on saturday after i had to have AAA give me a boost
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 4 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

So right now it will not start? Do you see a red security light on in the dash? If the check engine light is on what codes are setting? And are you going to be doing the repairs or just looking at what could be the issue?

Talk soon,

Brad