-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Well replacing T and WPump just concern that pipe on

Customer Question

well replacing T B and WPump just concern that pipe on backside of water hosing (block) is rusted, and potentially the cause of leak. is this a known problem with this model. 2001 dodge stratus
JA: What part of the car is the leak coming from? And are you sure it's water?
Customer: yes rear side of water pump house very rusty. is that pipe a replaceable item.
JA: Are you fixing your Stratus yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yup
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do you have the 3.0L engine? If yes then that pipe that runs under the intake is a common problem, you will need to replace the water pump and the pipe because the pipe fits in the water pump on the backside and it will rust and leak.. I never replace one without the other on a 3.0L..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Excellent - but my engine is a 4 cyl
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.
Thanks for the reply!!Ok the 2.4 has the small pipe that turns down and it also will rust but is not as common as the 3.0l. If yours is rusted I would replace it and it's held in with the 10mm bolt
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.
If you need more help feel free to reply, but if your all set make sure you leave me a rating so I'm credited for helping today.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you excellent
Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.
You are very welcome. Thank you for the excellent rating.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 18 days ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad