-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Driver side power window will not work, along with power

Customer Question

driver side power window will not work, along with power locks and power side mirrors. all other windows work from their own switches. does this sound like a fuse or actuator?
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: not yet. would a auto parts store be able to do that for me?
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: 2009 Dodge Journey set
JA: Are you fixing your Journey yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: not too mechanical, would just like to take it somewhere. have dealer appt but they can't get me in for several days
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 22 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

So the only issue your having is the drivers door will not lock or unlock and the window will not roll up or down? Can I get your VIN number to grab a wring diagram?

Talk soon

Brad

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
locks work off the key fob, it's just the driver power window that will not work off the armrest switches, nor will the power mirrors work from the switch station, nor will the passenger side window work from the driver station, but the passenger window and rear windows work from their own stations, and the rear windows work from the driver station. I'm just wondering if this seems more like a simple fuse that controls all these?
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I want to take it somewhere and wondering if a auto parts store can normally take care of a fuse issue?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 22 days ago.

It sounds like you have a bad master switch in the driver door.. Can I get your VIN number to grab a wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
don't have it available. if it's master switch rather than simple fuse. I do likely need dealer, and that's all I'm trying to find out. do you agree?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 22 days ago.

If it's the master switch you can get a new switch and install it yourself.. It simply pops out with a screwdriver and just pushes back down into place, so you can replace the switch yourself...

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
ok, thanks. That's it
Expert:  -Brad- replied 22 days ago.

You are very welcome!

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 22 days ago.

Do you need more help?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 22 days ago.

Standing by...........