Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

I HAVE A 1998 DODGE VAN WITH 69000 MILES 3.9 THATS TRYS TO

Customer Question

I HAVE A 1998 DODGE VAN WITH 69000 MILES 3.9 THATS TRYS TO START BUT DON;T IVE REPLACE THE COIL + BOTH O-2 SENSORS AND THE CRANK POSISTION SENSOR +THE CAM SENSOR +CAP AND ROTOR AND CHECK THE TPS AND MAP SENSOR + I HAD THE COMPUTER RE PROGRAM THAT COST ME $408.DOLLARS. IVE WORKING CARS ON AND OFF ALL MY LIFE BUT THIS ONE IS BEATING ME UP.WOULD U PLEASE HELP ME.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 4 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner till early morning.

Have you confirmed or not if your getting fuel pressure, injector pulse, and ignition spark?

Chris

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have spark and47 psi of ffuel and visually watch the injectors spray fuel. AND like I say it all most starts but it doesn't

Thanks, ***** ***** need to try a full throttle start then a compression test. Can you do that?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That's when it's tryst to start when u hold the throut ble down and on the compression test I'm getting a average 165 to 170 lbs of pressure
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have a emergency I got to take my wife to the hospital in will get back with you later

Reply when ready, take care of the wife first.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
IM BACK NOW SO WHAT DO U SUJEST TO DO NOW.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is there anybody out there