Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

1986 Dodge RAM 4 by 4 the truck was just bought trying to

Customer Question

1986 Dodge RAM 4 by 4 the truck was just bought trying to get it home has gas battery charged has oil did run for short distance then died and want turn over. Tapped distri biter and can smell gas getting to carburetor but the truck want start we r on side of road
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

It sounds like you have a loss of spark here.This can be due to a faulty coil in some cases or even corroded distributor cap or rotor needing replaced.If these have not been checked for any issues this needs done.If you need some testing info let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete