-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

All my warning lights came on while I was driving in 4WD on

Customer Question

All my warning lights came on while I was driving in 4WD on a smooth road for a bit and then went off. Why would this happen?
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Low tires, engine block, seatbelt, ABS, everthing on the dash.
JA: What is the model/year of your Dodge?
Customer: Dodge Dakota 2007
JA: Are you fixing your Dakota yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing - I was going to go out and clean the battery terminals as they are crusty. Need to drive the truck this evening. The light up only lasted for a short time
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just if it is safe to drive - thanks
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

With all the lights coming on it sounds like you had a loss of BUS issue but the only way to find out what happened you will need to check all the codes in the modules before 3 good trips, if you wait a few days the module will clear them by itself. We have had some issues with the fusebox under the hood failing causing a loss of BUS so if you can whack the fusebox and the lights come on then it's likely has a bad circuit board, but again we won't have any idea what happened until we see what codes it has..

Let me know,

Brad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks - I just cleaned the positive battery terminal which had corrosion and will take it in. Appreciate the fast response.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Guess it is ok to drive it through the weekend?
Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Good morning...

Yes you should be ok to drive until you can get the codes read but remember that after 3 good trips the codes will erase themselves..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 6 months ago.

Have a great day,

Brad