-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I spoke to someone on here about 3 weeks ago concerning a

Customer Question

Hi,I spoke to someone on here about 3 weeks ago concerning a headrest driver side airbag issue, where the airbag light is on. I've replaced both the wiring harness under the seat part #68071262AB and the Head Rest itself. Air bag light is still on..So two questions...1. Do I have to reset the airbag light after replacing these parts or is that automatic.2. There is a wiring harness between the head rest and the wiring harness under the seat (68071262AB), do you think I should replace that, if so what is the part # for that.Car is a 2012 Dodge AvengerThanks for your help.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.
Good afternoon...What codes are setting in the airbag module?
Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi - You were the one that helped me the last time about 3 weeks ago - Here is the link to the previous conversation, should give you all the info.http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/387574ff7eb44d16b86c4cdc458d602c?al=1&utm_source=sys&utm_medium=email&utm_content=questionpg_ln&utm_campaign=info_request&r=nte%7C2016-10-18_pdcJaUsTrxInfoRequest%7Cln=questionpg_ln
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Yes I see it now.. You had the B1C14 code then, is that the same code you have now after the repairs? Also if it is the same code what did you find when you ran the diagnostic test I provided?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Hi,I didn't check the codes after the repairs. Also there was no diagnostic test provided. Not that I could find, the last time we spoke. Should the airbag light go out automatically if one of the two parts I replaced were the issue or do I have to reset it somewhere?Thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

There is no reset and if the repairs were made then the light will go off automatically, if it's still on you will need to start by checking the codes to make sure it isn't a different code. Also >>HERE<< are the diagnostics for the previous codes, and if you look on my previous reply I attached it @18 Oct 2016, 2:06 PM.

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Thanks. Could you also give me the part # for the wiring harness that's between the headrest and the wiring harness under the seat. Thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

The part number is ***** and it lists for 26.00

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
That part I already replaced. Isn't there another harness between where the head rest connects and part #68071262AB. The one that's in the back of the seat. Part #68071262AB is under the seat.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Yes the other harness is 68071263AA and it lists for 43.00

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Great. Thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

You are very welcome!!!

Thank you for the positive rating and feel free to request me in the future..

Take care,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Do you need more help?

Customer: replied 28 days ago.
Possibly. Need to check to see if codes are different. Can't do that till tomorrow. Thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 28 days ago.

Follow ups are free of charge.

Keep me posted,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 26 days ago.

I see this question is still open, do you need more help?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Possibly, I haven't had a chance yet to check on the codes. I will by the mid week. Thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 26 days ago.

Ok let me know if you need anymore assistance.. Follow ups are free of charge..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 24 days ago.

It's been a few days, how are things going?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Hi,Didn't realize my scanner doesn't pull SRS/Airbag codes. So I'll have to wait till part # 68071263AA arrives. Then I'll be able to tell you more. Sorry.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 24 days ago.

Sounds good.. You can still reply to me after the rating..

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi,Received part yesterday, it was the wrong one. Basically the same part as 68071262AB, except with an extra wire. Part I need is the wiring harness, that connects between the Headrest wire and runs in the seat, down to under the seat and then connects to small white connection and a slightly larger yellow connection. Tag that is attached to it has this #4555864-02
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Never mind I found the part # myself. Thanks