-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

Can excessive use of the starter damage a emc. We used the

Customer Question

Can excessive use of the starter damage a emc . We used the starter to get the truck on to the trailer. It ran fine before that. It will not start now. Has good turn over speed. Batterys are good. Had to start in gear once to move truck to position it to get on trailer. Clutch master cylinder out.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 25 days ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you asking if excessive use of the starter will cause damage to the ECM(Engine Control Module)? If you are then the answer is no, because the starter circuit has nothing to do with the ECM.. I have attached the starter wiring showing that it doesn't run to the ECM..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 25 days ago.

Do you need more help?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 23 days ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 20 days ago.

Have a great day,

Brad