Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a code of no bus on my 2002 dodge Durango can you

Customer Question

I have a code of no bus on my 2002 dodge Durango can you tell me what it is
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: No bus. How do I reset it
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fuel pump replaced and a new coil
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It was running good until it just died going around a corner
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

One of the most common causes for the no bus dusplay and a no start is a faulty PCM (engine and transmission computer) needing replaced.I have run into this several times before with it needing replaced.In some cases if you obtain a used one with the same part number it may not need programmed and may install and operate in your vehicle but most of the time it does have to be programmed by a dealer after replacement.

I would have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool for your model here to see what codes are set and those codes then diagnosed to help locate and repair this fault here.This will help indicate the PCM at fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete