-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

2013 ram 3500 6.7 starter drive kicks in hard but wont turn

Customer Question

2013 ram 3500 6.7 starter drive kicks in hard but wont turn engine replaced starter still same problem
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Will the engine turn over if you use the barring tool, if you don't have the barring tool can you turn the front of the crankshaft? The engine maybe locked down.. When did this start?

Talk soon,

Brad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
engine will turn before changing starter i tapped on back of starter and it would start
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

Is this a Mopar OEM starter? Are your saying the starter will kick out but not turn the engine and the engine is not locked down? Sounds like a bad starter and if it's not a new Mopar OEM starter then I would return it and get a new starter..

Let me know what happens,

Brad

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

You are very welcome...

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 7 months ago.

I see you haven't rated yet which means I have not been credited for helping. Don't forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my assistance..

Thank you and have a great day,

Brad