Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

Putting a code reader on it returned a minor vacuum leak.

Customer Question

Putting a code reader on it returned a minor vacuum leak. However minor I do not know but it will not pass emissions.
JA: How old are the hoses? And what driving conditions do you most often encounter?
Customer: The hoses are probably original 2003 and the vehicle is used mostly around town.
JA: What is the model of your '03 Dodge?
Customer: Durango 2wd 4.7l V8 auto
JA: Are you fixing your Durango yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to do it myself which is why I am looking at vacuum line diagrams, however I will probably need to take it to someone who has a smoke generator to find the leak or replace everything.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: How much will this cost?
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I am sorry but I will need to pass for now, I am willing to pay the $5 if necessary.
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: OK
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Are you saying you have a code for a small EVAP leak? What is the actual P code that is setting?