-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

The 10 amp fuse under the dash at the extreme right is

Customer Question

The 10 amp fuse under the dash at the extreme right is labeled LMP/ABS also controls the signals and front heater blower motors and constantly blows out. Even if I use a 25 amp fuse. No one has been able to track it down.
JA: When it comes to this particular vehicle, have flat tires been a problem in the past?
Customer: No.
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: 1999 Dodge Caravan.
JA: Are you fixing your Caravan yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Good afternoon and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Do it blow as soon as you install the fuse or when you turn the blower on?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Is the fuse in the inside fuse panel and also what location is it in? Is it fuse #12?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It blows as soon as I start the motor weather or not the blower is on or the signals are engaged
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for the reply!!

Ok is it fuse #12?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I do not see any numbers on the bottom of the fuse panel
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
BTW the 4 way flasher work just fine But the turn signals don't
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

I believe it's fuse #12 10amp that you are having issues with.. I have attached the wiring diagram and the #12 fuse supplies voltage to the defroster, ABS, HVAC, heated seat, etc.. You will need to start disconnecting each component until the fuse stops blowing and then replace the component you unplug if plugging it back in blows the fuse as it has a internal short. Make sure you disconnect each item and test or disconnect all of them and connect them 1 by 1 until the fuse blows and you will find what is causing it to blow the fuse..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have already disconnected the signal switch blower motor switches, I don't have power seats and pulled the ABS fuses and relay. The fuse still blows.
Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

You will need to disconnect everything on the circuit and if you have not disconnected the transmission then that would be the next step..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 3 months ago.

Do you need more help?