Mike S.
Mike S., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified
20625509

What I'm reading here from is clicking but no start. I only

Customer Question

What I'm reading here from Daniel is clicking but no start. I only get one click, lights work. Strange part is my wipers engage briefly when I try to start the truck
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: First time this morning, fine up until now. I'm not sure where the click is coming from
JA: What is the make/model/year of your car?
Customer: 2007 Nitro
JA: Are you fixing your Nitro yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I cleaned the terminals I havn't tried to jump it
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have 12.46 volts
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome!

My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

Are you looking for possible causes or would you like me to walk you through this diagnoses?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Possible causes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm unemployed I hope this is only costing5 dollars as that's all I agreed to
Expert:  Amedee replied 5 months ago.

I will leave this open.

Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

If you get just the 1 click, that sounds to me like a loose connection, either at the battery, the starter, the ground or the starter relay, Twist these connections and if either is loose, tighten it up.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

If you only agreed to $5, then why is this question worth $16.80 to me? It appears that you agreed to more. no worry though, if you don't find a loose connection, just reply back, if you do, you should honor your agreement.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, it was not clear to me. All I saw was a five dollar charge with an option for a free trial. I'm not trying to duck out of my obligations I am on a very strict budget trying to get to an interview on tomorrow that is 40 miles away from where I live at I'm on unemployment been on Unemployment since June I have no money
Expert:  Mike S. replied 5 months ago.

Oh, well if you signed up for a free trial then perhaps they won't charge you anything further tan that $5, but keep in mind, I don't get credit until you rate me well when we are done.

Now, back to the vehicle, Did you check all those connections yet?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I replaced the battery, problem solved. Thanks it's really not your fault I blew an extra16 bucks for nothing. I gave you a good rating.