Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Auto Technician
94707146

Where would be the best place to hook up auxillary switched

Customer Question

Where would be the best place to hook up auxillary switched power in fuse box on 2016 ram for air bag compressor?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is***** am an ASE Master Technician and I am glad to help you with your question.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I would hook it up straight off of the battery.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You could run an on/off switch in the cabin.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Please reply to this if you need more help and we can continue this conversation at no extra charge. This does not have to be my only answer. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate at the top of the screen. Rating does not close out your question. Remember, sometimes it is difficult to completely diagnose your vehicle without being there, but I will try to give you the best answer I can. Hoping to be giving you 5 star service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't want to do a switch in the cabin. I want help with hookung up to a switched / ignition on terminal in the fuse box. Can you help me with that? 2016 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

You could hook into the ignition switch itself, let me see if I have a wiring diagram for you.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Fuse 03 10 amp, under the dash on drivers side is hot in on and start.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Do you have any recommendations for a fuse tap in a spare spot in the fuse box under the hood? Need at least a 15 amp
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

I can email you a power distribution diagram if you would like, there are 7 pages.