Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

I brought a alternator and battery 2009 dodge challenger

Customer Question

I brought a alternator and battery 2009 dodge challenger still want keep battery charge I took battery and alternator to be checked and they were both good tell me what's wrong
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I’m Cary and I’ll be helping you today.
Please understand that I can't smell, hear, or touch the vehicle, so patience is appreciated. Before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as needed, even after the rating..

Is the charge/battery light on?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not when battery is charge only when battery is going dead battery light and all others come on
Expert:  Cary York replied 1 month ago.

Sorry I have to go. I will opt out so another expert can help.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I paid for an answer now but yet know one has reponded
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you. Does the check engine light ever come on while you are driving?

Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Know it don't
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Ok, well there are 3 things that will cause a no charging problem.1 the alternator, 2 a wiring problem between the PCM (engine computer) and the alternator, and 3 the PCM itself. If the check engine light is not on, then we can assume that the wiring is ok. You have replaced and tested the alternator so that is not the problem. That leaves the PCM as the problem. The charging system voltage should be 13.8 to 14.2 volts when the engine is running. If it is not, then have the PCM is replaced.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me.
Thank you!
Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks I will try that
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
You are very welcome! I hope that this information is helpful and if so, would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it . I Will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you!Chris