-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

I have a 2013 dodge dart limited. The passenger headlight

Customer Question

I have a 2013 dodge dart limited. The passenger headlight went out. I got a new one today and hooked it up and nothing. It is one of those d3s bulbs. I plugged it in to the other side just to make sure the bulb was good and it worked. Help this car is so frustrating
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good evening and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

Since you verified the bulb works in the other side then it's safe to say that there is voltage going to the light. I have attached a wiring diagram so you can see that the Body Control module provides 12v to the headlights. The proper way to diagnose this is to see what codes the BCM has with a scantool, but if you don't have one then the only thing you can do is try a hard reset which is disconnecting the battery for 5 min and see if it works then. If not then it could be a bad BCM but you will need to see what codes it has to see what's going on. If you get the BCM codes post them here and I can help tell you what's going on..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good morning...

I see you didn't leave a reply or a rating. if you need more help let me know and if not then I would appreciate a positive rating..

Take care,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did try it, but it did not work. Frustrated beyond belief and now I have a ticket on it too. I appreciate your help. I could not find the fuses in there for the lights and was wondering if they were hidden. Also is there a ballast that charges those lights?