K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

I have a 89 dodge d100. I've put new brakes and new calipers

Customer Question

I have a 89 dodge d100. I've put new brakes and new calipers on front and new back brakes about 3 months ago. Just the other day my grandson was driving it and brake pedal went to the floor, I bled the brakes today till there was no fluid left in lines but the master cylinder remained full. I've checked for leaks and there are none. I'm at my wits end. Help please
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 month ago.

Hello, when you were bleeding the brakes did you ever get a hard pedal or did it just keep going easy to the floor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just to floor. NO hard pedal. THINK the master cylinder is shot. Just pulled it off n drained it. Full of crud and think the plunger is bad
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We got it figured out. MASTER cylinder shot craps. THanks

Glad you got it, that's where I was heading was bad seals on the master. MAke sure you bench bleed the new one before installing it and bleeding the brakes. If I can help further just reply back