Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech
12365498

Im trying to determine if I have a an in tank diesel pump or

Customer Question

hello, Im trying to determine if I have a an in tank diesel pump or not. if so how to check for failure....on 92 cummins d250 turbo....
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello and .to just answer. Your diesel lift pump is a mechanical one on the left side of the engine block. It is not in the tank. To check the pump, disconnect the line going to the injection pump and crank the engine. You should get a good steady stream of bubble free diesel flowing from the line. If not, then replace the lift pump.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.
I hope that this information is helpful and if so would you kindly take a moment to rate my service using the just answer star rating system? I would really appreciate it. I will still be able to help you out even after you rate me. Thank you! Chris
Expert:  Chris replied 1 month ago.

Hello? Did you see my answer?

Chris