sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
9825021

At my tps its got 4.96 volts until it cuts off then I,ve got

Customer Question

at my tps its got 4.96 volts until it cuts off then I,ve got 15.9 volts
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dodge
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
after it cut off I,ve got.01 volts
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 1 month ago.

Hi there.

A bit confused by your post... What exactly is it you're trying to diagnose? Are there any codes? What are the symptoms?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I,ve got a 2002 dodge Durango with 4.7 engine witn ho bus after it stop running and the volts at tps at the time it cuts off is .01 volts
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don,t want to spend no money on a phone call

Still confused... are you trying to diagnose a "NO BUS" condition? If so, which code is it? What is compelling you to test TPS voltage?

Sorry, but it looks like I won't be able to help you. I'll opt out so others may try. Please don't rate or reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this back to me.

Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There isn't anything on the vehicle producing 15.9v during normal operation and certainly not after the engine dies, so I suspect there is an issue with the meter setting being used or it's auto ranging and you're reading millivolts.

Does the engine die, fuel gauge and voltmeter drop out and you see a no bus message in the odometer?