-Brad-
-Brad-, Dodge Dealership Tech
Experience:  16 Yrs Chrysler/Dodge Technician. ASE Master Certified(L-1)
10114124

The dealer is trying to charge a arm and a leg for my

Customer Question

The dealer is trying to charge a arm and a leg for my Vehicle Configuration Re downloaded into my 2014 dodge charger is there another option or possibly a way to do it myself
Category: Dodge
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good morning and welcome to JustAnswer!!

My name is ***** ***** I have worked for a Chrysler-Dodge-Jeep dealership for 19 years and I will do my best to help.

We(dealership only charge 1 hour labor which is around 100.00 to reconfigure the TIPM and program modules. The only way to reconfigure the TIPM and program your vehicle options is with a WiTech scantool..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to shoot me a reply and don't forget to RATE before leaving the site so I get credit for helping you today..

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

I also see that you have asked 5 questions and you have no rated any of them.. Understand that I will not be credited for helping unless you leave me a positive rating..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Hello?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Standing by...........

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok I'm doing this because I've updated my radio to an re2 and was told that would fix the problems I been having with that radio
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The dealer didn't even look at my car yet and is saying 280 already
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Your question was:

My Answer was:

We(dealership) only charge 1 hour labor which is around 100.00 to reconfigure the TIPM and program modules. The only way to reconfigure the TIPM and program your vehicle options is with a WiTech scantool, you can not do this without a WiTech scantool..

I hope this helps and thank you for the positive rating,

Brad

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
what exactly do I say to the dealer because when I say " I need my Vehicle Configuration Re downloaded into my car" they say what you mean by that
Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

All you will need to do is tell them you have added a vehicle option to the VIN number and you will need the TIPM reconfigured. We will connect the Witech and reconfigure the TIPM which will download the vehicle options from Chrysler to the TIPM..

If you need anymore assistance feel free to reply and don't forget the RATING so I'm credited before leaving the site!!

Have a great day,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Do you need more help?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

I still haven't received a rating yet, do you need more help?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Standing by...........

Let me know,

Brad

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Good morning I still have not got a reply if you need more help or a positive rating so I'm credited for helping you..

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Hello?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

You have asked 6 questions and you have not rated any of them which means none of the experts have been rated.. You asked a question and I answered you correctly so if you don't leave a rating then if you ask another question it will be closed and sent to customer service.. This is not a free service and we aren't credited unles you leave a rating.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

Is there a reason you haven't rated yet?

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

You have 6 open question and you have not rated any of them so me nor the rest of the experts has been credited and this is not a free site.

Expert:  -Brad- replied 5 months ago.

It's been a few weeks and you still have not gave me credit for helping you... And after looking you have not rated any of the questions you have asked.